Farmaphobia, Causey Farm’s evening Halloween event for adults and teenagers. Established in 2005, the event has gone on to become one of Europe’s biggest Halloween Events winning the SCAR award for the best independent Scare Attraction in Europe in the past!
This year it’s going to be bigger and better than ever and we are looking for more than 100 actors to perform in our mazes and attractions. We are looking for the best of the best.
If you are a Scare Actor, you will be placed in one of our terrifying attractions. From twisted clowns to the living-dead, our roles offer you the chance to shock and disturb any guest who dares step into your sight. That’s right, you get the chance to make people’s Nightmares come true!
As a Farmaphobia Actor, you can expect to:
- Perform in a terrifying scare maze.
- Work in a variety of environments including strobes, smoke and darkness.
- Wear masks, prosthetics, theatrical make-up and more.
- Work both indoors and outdoors in all types of weather and temperatures.
- Work long hours whilst performing a physically demanding, high-energy role.
Auditions for 2018 are now closed
Scare Actors: You will need to be a talented, versatile and enthusiastic actor with previous experience and/or ability in improvisational theatre. Scare mazes are very demanding, so you will need to be physically fit with good stamina and endurance.
Farmaphobia will run on selected dates from Oct 12th through to October 31st. There will be rehearsals before these dates.
Make Up Artists: Many of our Make Up Artist positions are already filled with people returning from last year but if you feel that you have something really different to offer, please send a portfolio of images to email@example.com and we will come back to you.
Volunteer Actors: If you would like to do a cameo role at Farmaphobia this year we have a few spots for Volunteers who are available for at least 3 nights of the run. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details and any other relevant information and we will be in touch.
Before you decide to step into the spotlight as a Farmaphobia Performer, think seriously about the job requirements. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you willing to work in dark, smoky and potentially claustrophobic conditions?
- Are you open to the possibility of wearing prosthetics, masks, contact lenses etc?
- Are you fit enough to work in a physically challenging role for long periods of time?
- Are you willing to work in a high-pressure environment where schedules, times and requirements are ever changing?
- If the answer to all of those questions is ‘YES’ then you could be the perfect Cast Member for us!
What happens at the auditions?
We have a group briefing and we will give everyone a very short opportunity to scare us … Some people come in full makeup, but there is no need for this.
We are looking for people with the confidence and energy to put people out of their comfort zones. We need people who will delight in chasing poor visitors who want to be terrified. The more terrifying and creepy the better.
We also need people who can work well with other team members – there is no room for high-maintenance actors … and no time to stop between scares. High energy but high levels of fun.
Are there age restrictions?
The older you are the better! We do not employ any one who is under 16 years old and we have many roles only suitable for mature adults.
What do I need to bring to the audition?
- Your full address and contact details
- The dates in from October 12th to 31st that you are unavailable.
- Your PPS number
- Details of any other jobs you currently hold (for registering employment purposes)